This 2-hour workshop will focus on hand-making methods with character and techniques that cannot be replicated by modern machines. You will be able to choose a leather colour of your choice and learn to handle leather crafting tools to make your very own Passport Pocket.
You will learn to:
- use basic leather crafting tools
- cut leather pieces from paper patterns
- prepare stitch holes by hammering
- assemble leather pieces using running or blanket stitch method
- properly finish raw edges of leather
Leather (from Tuscany, Italy) and all craft materials will be provided.
Prior experience is not required.
Workshop will be conducted by Shiying — a craftsman who was trained in Kyoto, Japan, under the wing of master craftsman, Yamochi Masumi.
As our studio is small, workshop is limited to 4 seats per session.